Join your national UEF section
UEF consists of 24 member organisations that are autonomous centres of the UEF activities, reaching the EU citizens and spreading the federalists' message to them by organising various activities in their countries. They are free to take up any activities within the general political framework of UEF at the European level. The elected and nominated representatives of these sections gather twice a year during the UEF Federal Committee to determine the UEF political direction and activities.
If you are interested in joining UEF in your country, find out more about the existing national sections and how to contact them on this page. If your section does not appear in the list, you can also become a member at the European level.
Europäische Föderalistische Bewegung Österreich
Die Union Europäischer Föderalisten (UEF) ist eine überparteiliche und überkonfessionelle internationale Organisation. Unser Ziel ist ein Europa, das demokratischer und föderalistisch, d.h. bundestaatlich ist. Die UEF wurde 1946 — in Österreich 1955 als Europäische Föderalistische Bewegung (EFB) — in der Überzeugung gegründet, dass nur ein geeintes Europa, das auf der Idee der Einheit in Vielfalt und geteilter Souveränität basiert, die Krisen unseres Kontinents überwinden und die Staaten in Frieden vereinen kann. Für die Europäischen Föderalisten spielt die Zivilgesellschaft eine entscheidende Rolle. Europaweit in nationalen Organisationen aktiv, vereint die UEF 30.000 Mitglieder, Bürgerinnen und Bürger, Politikerinnen und Politiker, Expertinnen und Experten unterschiedlicher Generationen.
| Andrä Rupprechter
| Jakob Etzel
A - 1020 Vienna
Tel: +43 599 50
Fax: +43 599 50-91000
Union of European Federalists Belgium
UEF Belgium is the Belgian branch of the Union of European Federalists and as such is a pluralistic association, independent of any political party and / or government institution. UEF Belgium holds its ordinary General Assembly once a year to elect its Board.
UEF Belgium's main activities are:
- Stimulating debate on major issues and challenges of the European integration, through conferences and seminars of reflection as well as training programs including: European governance, globalization and new challenges on a global scale (environment, energy, climate, security… ), Europe in the world, European citizenship, the future enlargement of the EU;
- Campaigns for a Constitution and a federal Europe, in the framework of the UEF supranational campaigns
- Find the aspirations of citizens and civil society in order to encourage their active contribution to the "European project";
- Raise awareness among institutions and political parties in Belgium on the urgency of a federal Europe;
- Respond to the various topics of European news by position papers, press releases, articles and analysis in the media, informing the public via the website and quarterly newsletter (UEF-INFO);
- Create more synergy with other civil society organizations working towards a more integrated Europe, including the European Movement.
| Michele Ciavarini Azzi
| Domenico Rossetti
Square de Meeûs 25,
+32 484 673643
+32 2 6269501
СЪЮЗ НА ЕВРОПЕЙСКИТЕ ФЕДЕРАЛИСТИ БЪЛГАРИЯ
UEF Bulgaria's foundation dates back to 2002. It is based on general principles and aims of the UEF. Through seminars, debates, discussions and international conferences Union of European Federalists in Bulgaria aims to familiarize citizens with the idea of European federation. Its priority is an active partnership with citizens and organisations who are interested in the future of Europe.
Since 2009, Andrey Kovatchev MEP is the president of the UEF Bulgaria. Since 2011 he has also become the Vice-President of the Union of European Federalists.
| Andrey Kovatchev
| Velko Ivanov
10 Narodno Sabranie Sq.,
jBG - 1000
+359 2 987 22 85
+359 2 987 22 85
Unie evropských federalistů v ČR
The Union of European Federalists in the Czech Republic organizes regular sessions in the Senate - upper chamber of the Czech Parliament - with personalities of the political and economic spheres in the country.
Main concerns and goals of the organisation:
- to bring the interest of ordinary citizens to EU affairs and their fundaments in order to understand common European principles and interests;
- to make Europe act in the Global policies;
- to establish the European Ministry of Finance as an essential point to avoid the next crisis in any Eurozone Member State without necessity of changing Treaties;
- to establish one executive head of the European Union;
- make the European sustainable political space via promoting Transnational election's lists of candidates to the European Parliament, media etc.
| Tomáš Zdechovský
| Ivo Kaplan
Na Belidle 10
CZ - 150 00 Praha
+420 777 177 889
The Cyprus European Federalist Movement was founded in 2004, is independent from political parties and follows its targets with full independence. Its role is to act as an organisation that promotes collaboration between the people of Europe that believe in Democracy, by organising open discussions that refer to the political context of the European Federation. Its also targets the promotion of friendship, togetherness and intellectual communication between the members and also friends of the organisation. Lectures, discussions, dinners, excursions and/or other events are used as means of communication.
| Andreas Neokleous
Blue Diamond Court 128, Grivas Digenis str.
1st Floor – Office 12
3101 Limassol – Cyprus
UEF Finland was established in 2007 and currently it functions as an independent club of JEF Finland and EM Finland, offering debates and intellectual food of thought on federalism and Europe. UEF Finland is at the moment small, but lively in its debates about the future of Europe, federalism and on topics touching supranational democracy. UEF Finland has published a pamphlet "Federalism. Now" in 2009 and organises debating events on issues touching the topics at our interest. UEF Finland warmly welcomes anyone who is interested in organising something, having ideas or thoughts on the issue to join.
| Henrik Manner
| Marleena Holmberg
c/o European Movement in Finland
Hermannin rantatie 12 b
Tel: +358 40 750 1610
The french section of UEF, was founded in 1946. Each regional section of UEF France has its own agenda of activities ranging from public meetings to special information and educational initiatives. For example , the Ile de France section is developing a program of information on federalist history, principles and fundamentals. The Rhone-Alpes section organizes a “Fall Academy” with regional politicians , academics and representatives of civic society.
| Florent Banfi
| Ingrid Bourgoin
Union des Fédéralistes Européens - France (UEF-France)
c/o Maison de l'Europe et des Européens
13, Rue de l'Arbre Sec
+33/0 472 07 88 88
Europa-Union Deutschland (EUD) is the largest citizens' initiative for Europe in Germany committed to European integration. It is actively involved in European civil society issues and in EU federal developments on a local, regional, national and European level. It has 17,000 members in 15 regional sections with about 350 county, town and city associations. Since 14 June 2007, EUD is present and unites Germans working in Brussels.
| Rainer Wieland
| Christian Moos
Tel: +49-30-3036 201-30
Fax: +49-30-3036 201-39
Európai Föderalisták Uniója - Magyaroszág Egyesület
UEF Hungary was established in 2013. As a part of a pan-European federalist civil movement and as a cross-parties association, UEF Hungary brings together those Hungarian and European citizens who are ready to strive for building up a federal Europe. UEF Hungary provides a common platform for those Hungarian and European citizens who can and will engage themselves for democracy, and who are ready to create and contribute to contructive discussions on the topics of federalism.
The main goal of UEF Hungary is to stimulate the debate on major issues and challenges related to an ever closer European integration through conferences, seminars, training programs. More specifically, this imply:
- Participating and representing the Hungarian federalists in political events, meetings of civil groups and clubs and in the media, in order to raise awareness and build consesus on federalist goals;
- Giving lectures in schools and universities on the role of Europe in the world, on European citizenship, on European governance, and on new global challenges such as the environment, energy, common security policy, etc.;
- Strengthening the section from both a political and organisational point of view at local level;
- Meeting the aspirations of citizens and civil society in order to encourage their active contribution to the "European project";
- Following closely EU related news and taking a stance on current issues by producing position papers, press releases, articles and analysis in the media, informing the public via the website, via Twitter UEF Hungary and Facebook (Európai Föderalisták Uniója Magyarország);
- Creating a synergy with other civil society organizations and all kind of political parties working towards a more integrated Europe.
| Sándor Hegedűs
| Eszter Nagy
Movimento Federalista Europeo - MFE
The UEF Italy (Movimento Federalista Europeo - MFE) within the framework of the UEF conducts the fight for the European Federation. It is also member of World Federalist Movement (WFM). Currently, the MFE has 90 sections spread over the country and more than 3 000 members. The Italian section is very actively involved in the implementation of the Campaign for the European Federation and in several other actions. For an always updated list of the many activities brought forward by our members please refer to www.mfe.it (in Italian) and to their Facebook and Twitter accounts.
| Gorgio Anselmi
| Luisa Trumellini
Movimento Federalista Europeo
Via Villa Glori, 8
I – 27100 Pavia
+39 0382 530045
Europos federalistai Lietuvoje
UEF Lithuania was established on 3 February, 2012 (official press release) and since 13 April 2013 is a member of the UEF. Its main goal is to advance the federalist agenda and promote pro-European debate in Lithuania. UEF Lithuania strives to become a significant voice in the wider public debate in Lithuania about Europe and Lithuania's place in it.
UEF Lithuania is committed to the following activities to advance its objectives:
- to inform the Lithuanian society about the ideas of European federalism and the importance of united Europe;
- to participate and induce discussions on the place and role of Lithuania in EU;
- to spread written and verbal information related to its activities; to promote values, objectives and tasks of UEF Lithuania;
- to organize meetings, trainings, seminars, conferences, public actions and other kind of events;
- to publish periodical and/or occasional papers related to the relevant topics of UEF Lithuania;
- to provide policy suggestions for institutions and organizations, which deal with issues relevant to the promotion of European federalism;
- to represent members of UEF Lithuania and cooperate with national and international organizations, which share similar ideas and objectives.
| Petras Auštrevičius
| Laura Tatarėlytė
Information about the section will be added soon!
| Alain Calmes
| Chiara Cipolletta
UEF Crna Gora - Union of European Federalists Montenegro
UEF in Montenegro, with headquarters in Podgorica, was established in August 2011 to gather citizens who wish to contribute to the promotion of European and democratic values in Montenegro and support European integration process with the goal of obtaining a full-time membership of Montenegro in the European Union, as well as encouraging public debate on the political content of the European Union and the creation of the European Federation. During the Federal Committee on 13 April 2013 the UEF unanimously voted for the UEF Montenegro as a full member of the Union of European Federalists.
| Ljubomir Filipovic
| Marija Blagojevic
Trifuna Djukica 3,
81 000 Podgorica,
+382 68 23 08 33
+32 496 305 912
Obecnie trwają przygotowania do podjęcia próby reaktywacji polskiego oddziału Unii Europejskich Federalistów. Zapraszamy stowarzyszenia, fundacje oraz wszystkich, którzy pracują w szeroko rozumianej tematyce europejskiej do przyłączenia się do tej inicjatywy i kontakt pod adresem email@example.com
Federalistas Europeus - União dos Federalistas Europeus em Portugal
UEF Portugal has recently relaunched ae status as a new section of the Union of European Federalists. The group is happy to welcome new members and invites interested parties to make contact by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The organization aims to promote the establishment of a European Federation by working to:
- encourage and inform the public on Federalism and its applicability in European context;
- foster debate and discussion on the standing of Portugal within the European Union;
- promote awareness about European matters, European ideals and values, the history of European integration, and to introduce to the public opinion the prospect of European-wide federalist policies and solutions;
- cooperate with other non-profit organizations, related to the field of European matters, in Portugal and in Europe
| Filippe Henriques
| David Crisóstomo
UEF Romania (Uniunea Europeană Banat din România – UEBR), founded in 1995 and relaunched in 2007. European Union Organization Banat in Romania promotes communication between the Romania and European Union, from the perspective of the country joining the EU. It actively organizes seminars, conducts studies and researches on European integration and other European issues.
| Ana Maria Strain
| Lia Lucia Epure
Evropski federalisti - UEF Serbia
UEF Serbia was established on May 2, 2009 and was unanimously accepted as full member of the UEF on October 30, 2010 during the UEF Federal Committee meeting in Brussels. It gathers citizens who wish to contribute to the promotion of European and democratic values in Serbia, European integration in order to achieve full membership of Serbia in the European Union. Currently, UEF Serbia has one regional and two local boards, and more than 50 members.
| Jelena Babić
| LDanijela Božović
Únia európskych federalistov
Únia Európskych Federalistov founded in 2013, is independent from political parties. Its role is explain and spread the idea of strong, influential and united Europe. It also aims to push forward thoughts of the reinforcment of the role of national parliaments in decision-making procedures in the European Union and reinforcement of the European Parliament. Through organisation of events, presentation of opinions via media and social networks, they promote the concept of the European federation.
| Tomáš Weissensteiner
| Milan Polešenský
851 02 Bratislava,
Tel +421 908 655 639
Fax +421 2 5464 0126
Our Slovenian section is currently inactive. If you wish to take part to UEF Slovenia, please contact the UEF secretariat.
In 2012, several groups came together to establish UEF Spain. European federalists in Madrid, Galicia and Andalusia joined their forces with the existing associations Horitzó in Catalonia and JEF Europe. In November 2013, at the UEF European Congress the organisation was recognized as a full member. In September 2014, the network was joined by the UEF Castilla y Leon. UEF Spain has managed to quickly establish a strong federalist network across Spain to work towards a federal Europe.
| Pablo Faura Enriquez
| Oliver Soto
C/ de Sant Bartomeu 28 A
08172 Sant Cugat del Vallès
Barcelona (Catalonia - Spain)
UEF Sweden (candidate section) is currently growing. If you are interested in taking part in the creation of this section, please get in touch here .
Nebs - Nomes - Numes
New European Movement Switzerland (Neue Europäische Bewegung Schweiz – Nebs / Nouveau movement européen Suisse – Nomes) is an independent political organization committed to obtain the vote in Europe for European Swiss citizens, to be able to participate in the decision making process of European Union, which affects all the European citizens.
Switzerland, as a non-member, has no say in the European Union's decision making. Nebs/Nomes's mission therefore is to initiate and actively advance the process of preparing Switzerland joining the EU as soon as possible.
| François Cherix
| Martin Naef
CH - 3000 Berne 22
The Federal Union’s activities concern the continuation of relationships with international organisations promoting Federalism and good governance, including the Union of European Federalists (UEF) and the World Federalist Movement (WFM). The Federal Union makes contributions towards the running costs of these organisations and committee members regularly attend the conferences and events which they organise. Our sister organisation in the United Kingdom, the Federal Trust, organises regular events on current political topics, in particular relating to the European Union.
| Mark Paterson
| Brendan Donnelly
UEF Europe Group brings together parliamentarians, civil servants, interns, and other officers and staff members of the institutions and bodies of the European Union. Other people who share the values of the group can become members. The Group was founded in 12 April,1975 by merging the sections of the European Federalist Movement in Brussels and section attached to the Union of European Federalists Luxembourg.
UEF Groupe Europe intends to promote within and outside the European institutions the establishment of a federal Europe. Europe Group aims to stimulate and, if necessary, open debate on major issues and news of European integration.
UEF Groupe Europe has recently launched a series of initiatives carried out by its working groups in the following fields:
- Establishment of European stabilisers countering the effects of automation, globalisation and offshoring of tax basis and industrial production, and also aimed at having counter-cyclical effects.
- European unemployment insurance scheme
- European-citizenship minimum wages
- Subsidies aiming at leveraging private investment for the conversion of industrial sectors affected by automation, digitalisation and globalisation, such as the banking and financial services sectors, car manufacturing, transport services, etc.
- Establishment of a common defence, immigration and foreign affairs policy
- A European budget for strategic R&D
- European Institutions: political community, European constituency for the European elections, direct European citizenship
Registration and donations on Facebook: UEF Groupe Europe
| Jacques Santer
| Alain Lamassoure
| Richard Corbett
| Catherine Vieilledent
UEF - Group Europe
c/o UEF European Secretariat
Square de Meeûs 25,
B - 1000 Brussels