The Crossroads Europe project, co-funded by the Europe for Citizens Programme of the European Union, aims at fostering cross-cutting dialogue about the EU, the challenges facing it and its future through a series of offline events dedicated to main forms of organised civil society (trade unions, student organisations, business associations and NGOs) and policymakers. The project will equip them with the necessary tools to elaborate policy recommendations around four key themes and, at the same time, it will raise awareness among them of the benefits of a closer EU.
The project will be implemented through a series of 6 Labs hosted in different cities and organised by a consortium of local CSOs. Each lab will use an interactive methodology in order to achieve the following outputs:
- Awareness acquisition on the topics and of cross-sectoral implications;
- Non-formal education, with practical and experimental activities to foster participants’ knowledge of the topics;
- “Sharing EU”: showcase of best practices coming from the business sector, student organisations, trade unions and NGOs;
- “Boots on Europe”: development of concrete solutions for the short/long term and policy recommendations, and at the same time promote Crossroad Europe initiatives.
A training for organisers will be held online on 27-28 June 2020, in order to ensure coherence and knowledge of best practices and innovating discussion techniques. The 6 Labs addressed to EU citizens across the continent will be held in:
- Bologna (Italy) - ONLINE, from 25 to 30 January 2021 in collaboration with Movimento Federalista Europeo (MFE);
- Córdoba (Spain) - ONLINE, from 26 to 28 March 2021 in collaboration with Fundación Xul;
- Berlin (Germany) - ONLINE, April 2021, in collaboration with Europa Union Deutschland;
- Sofia (Bulgaria) - ONLINE, from 14-15 May 2021 in collaboration with UEF Bulgaria;
- Strasbourg (France), June 2021 in collaboration with UEF France;
- La Valletta (Malta) - ONLINE, from 25 to 27 June 2021.
Each lab will define its own discussion agenda from among one of the following themes according to local preferences:
- Climate change
- Global Europe
- Security & Freedom