We are Europe Agora Sofia | 8 November 2019
RESHAPING THE FUTURE OF EUROPE: Balkans' perspective after Sofia Summit 2018
Europe is rethinking its future. With Brexit imminent and geopolitical threats on the rise, the European Union will soon discuss its future in a “Conference on the Future of Europe”. What will the future shape of Europe be? What is the Balkan perspective on it? What’s the role of civil society to shape it together and engage citizens?
The Citizens Agora in Sofia “Reshaping the Future of Europe – Balkans' Perspective after Sofia Summit 2018”: is a participatory and citizens-oriented public event co-organised by UEF and UEF Bulgaria in the frame of We are Europe project co-funded by the European Commission programme Europe for Citizens.
The Agora promotes civil society and citizens engagement within the debate on the Future of Europe and in the context of Western Balkan region. It will allow participants to address crucial topics such as future, challenges of democracy in Europe and in the particular region tackling following questions:
- What reforms are needed to overcome the democratic deficit and make the European project attractive to citizens again?
- Will Europe be a territory of security and sustainable development for today and future generations?
- How to increase the EU's moral authority and political weight to take on more global responsibility
- What are the expectations from the conference on the Future of Europe promised by Ursula von der Layen
- How to prevent Bulgaria's marginalization in Europe at several speeds
Find the programme here.
The Agora will take place at the House of Europe, 124 Rakovski str. which is 5 minutes’ walking distance from the local event venue.
The Agora will be preceded by the local event organised by UEF Bulgaria taking place between 10:00 and 12:00 at the Information Centre of the Ministry of Defence, 106 Rakovski str, Sofia, Bulgaria.