I CHOOSE EUROPE
The European Federalists’ Campaign for the European Elections
TRAINING FOR CAMPAIGNERS
19-20 January 2019 | Brussels
Rue d'Edimbourg, 26, 1050 Brussels
At the European Congress in Vienna, the Union of European Federalists has launched its campaign for the European Parliament elections in May 2019 with the motto “I choose Europe”.
This event is an intensive training and coordination event for activists of the Union of European Federalists (UEF) and the Young European Federalists engaged in the campaign for the European elections at national or local level.
It will offer participants the chance to:
understand the objectives, key messages, plan and timeline of the European campaign and its placement in the broader context of UEF and JEF activities;
get acquainted and practice the campaign tools (appeal to political parties, pledge for MEP candidates, pledge for citizens, campaign manifestos, visual material)
engage in skill-building workshops on essential campaign skills such as use of social media, advocacy approaches to candidates and political parties, and communication messaging.
practise the campaign narrative on the four key thematic areas of the campaign: a Strong Europe, a Democratic Europe, a Social Europe, a Federal Europe
align on how to coordinate local and national actions in the frame of the European campaign using synergies at best.
The event will combine presentations, interactive workshops, small group activities and individual feedback sessions.
PROGRAMME OF THE TRAINING
|9:30–10:30||SESSION I – “I CHOOSE EUROPE: UEF-JEF CAMPAIGN FOR THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT ELECTIONS”|
|10:30–12.00||SESSION II - “I CHOOSE EUROPE: UNDERSTANDING & USING THE CAMPAIGN TOOL BOOX”|
|12:00–13.30||SESSION III - “DISCUSSING FURTHER IDEAS, BRAINSTORMING, BEST-PRACTICES”|
|14.30-16.00||SESSION IV - “WHAT CAN I AND MY SECTION DO AND HOW TO COORDINATE WITH UEF/JEF EUROPE"|
|16.30-20.00||WORKSHOPS ON CAMPAIGN SKILLS|
|20.00||dinner and drinks|
|9.00-9.30||Opening and warm-up|
|9.30-11.30||SESSION V: “CAMPAIGN SKILLS: PUBLIC SPEAKING AND DEBATING”|
|12.30-13.00||Evaluation and closing|
Applications can be submitted by clicking here.
Deadline for applications is Wednesday 2 January, 12:00
Accepted participant will be informed on a rolling basis and in any case before Thursday 3 January.
IMPORTANT: Applicants appointed by their UEF or JEF national sections as campaign coordinators or otherwise with a role in the European election campaign are all automatically accepted, so they can make their travel arrangements at the time of submitting the applications and don’t need to wait for the confirmation.
Sections are invited to appoint their applicants by sending an email to email@example.com
Other participants should wait for confirmation from the UE Secretariat to make travel arrangements.
Participants are required to make a contribution of 50euros (25 euros for members less than 30 years old) to help covering the costs of the event.
- UEF and JEF shall provide 100% of total travel expenses, up to a maximum reimbursement of 100 euro;
- if traveling by plane or train, reimbursement will be granted only if booking is made before 05 January 2019 AND
- if traveling by plane, reimbursement will be granted only if low cost airlines are used whenever available
- if traveling by car, a flat rate of 0,13€/km one way will be applied as basis for the calculation of the total travel expenses
- Travel reimbursements are reserved to participants attending the entire programme.
- Reimbursement will be provided on the spot in cash against presentation of ticket receipts
Accommodation and meals
- Participants should arrange their own accommodation
- UEF/JEF shall provide meals for the whole event as indicated in the programme.