FEDERALIST DEBATE AND TRAINING WEEK-END
NATIONAL, EUROPEAN AND GLOBAL PERSPECTIVES
Winning the challenge of identity, democratic governance and interdependence
9 - 11 March 2018 | Milan
The international seminar “Federalism: national, European and global perspectives - Winning the challenge of identity, democratic governance and interdependence” is a yearly training and debate event jointly organized by the Union of European Federalists and the Young European Federalists in cooperation with their national sections and other partner organizations.
The seminar will gather ca 60 international participants and ca 20 participants from Italy. Participants will come from different countries and different ages and background, mainly people interested in European affairs and the perspective of federalism at all levels of governance.
The seminar will focus on federalism in its national, European and global dimensions, exploring the challenges facing and the opportunities offered modern federalism at all level of government in contemporary societies.
Through a combination of conferences, moderated panel debates and interactive working groups, the seminar will cover a wide range of aspects of federalism, from its theoretical foundations to its actual application in response to the most pressing issues in our societies at the national, European and global levels. Speakers will come from the world of academia, civil society, administration and politics from different countries.The meeting is open to members and non-members.
Due to the high number of registrations, the registration form has been closed.
We'll proceed approving participants in the upcoming days.
Participants requesting accommodation and support for travel costs:
1. Upon notification by UEF of the acceptance to the seminar, accepted participants requesting accommodation and support for travel costs will be required to pay a participation contribution of 80 Euros (40 Euros for participants younger than 30 y.o) by Monday 22 January 2018 to confirm their participation. Passed the deadline, all unconfirmed participants will be replaced by other applicants.
2. The participation contribution entitles to:
- Seminar: participation in all sessions of the seminar;
- Accommodation: Friday and Saturday night in hotel in double rooms. Single Rooms (2 nights) are available at a supplement of 80 euro to be paid by the participant at the time of payment of the participation fee.
- Meals: Friday dinner, Saturday breakfast, lunch and dinner; Sunday breakfast; all coffee breaks.
- Travel reimbursements: 50% of the travel costs, up to a maximum payment of 150 euros, provided (1) low cost airlines are used whenever available and cheaper, and (2) tickets are bought not later than 7 days from reception by the participants of their notification of acceptance. Participants are required to provide their original travel tickets. Reimbursements will be made in cash at the event.
Participants NOT requesting accommodation and support for travel costs
1. Upon notification from the UEF, accepted participants NOT requesting accommodation and support for travel costs but who wish to join the common meals (dinner on Friday, lunch on Saturday and dinner on Saturday) will be required to pay a participation fee of 40 euros to cover the cost of all meals.
2. Accepted participants NOT requesting accommodation and support for travel costs and who do NOT join the common meals are not required to pay any participation fee. They should anyhow apply for the seminar as specified above.
This event is organised by
In cooperation with
With the support of