7-9 July 2017 | Brussels
The Federalist Academy is a training event aimed at members who are looking to develop their capabilities as activists and are committed to working on strengthen their national or local sections. Current and potential future leaders of local, regional and national sections are particularly encouraged to apply.
Activists in charge of communication activities for their local, regional or national sections are particularly welcome and will enjoy preferential participation conditions (see the Participation Conditions for details).
The draft programme of this year's Federalist Academy includes:
- Sessions presenting and discussing different views and eperiences on European political communication (including some external communication experts as speakers);
- Workshops on practical matters (on how to use social media, work with the traditional press, produce effective press-releases, leverage on UEF communication material, etc);
- Practical sessions to share best practices among UEF sections and other organisations.
Attention will be given to how to develop and execute a "communication plan" for different types of activities.
Facilitator-led practical project groups, where participants, divided into small teams, are given a scenario and asked to design a response, will be used to enable activists to apply the skills and knowledge adopted in a hands-on situation. Interaction and the exchange of ideas and experiences between participants will also be encouraged.
Accepted participants are required to make a contribution of €50 to help towards covering the costs of the event:
- hiring a venue
- catering: a welcome reception, one lunch, one dinner and coffee breaks
- documents and other expenses
100% of the travel costs of up to €150 will be refunded (or €250 where no low-cost travel option is available from the region of departure).
Participants should arrange their own accommodation at their own cost (but are requested to provide invoices of their accommodation costs to support UEF to evidence the co-financing of the event).
For one participant nominated by the national section among activists regularly engaged in communication activities for the section, UEF will provide accommodation at UEF’s costs.
Reimbursements will only be made in cash at the event on Sunday: Please bring all relevant documents to the academy and note that original copies of all invoices, tickets and boarding cards are required.
Should you have any further questions or comments, please contact the UEF Secretariat.